SIFDAC
folkdancesac.org
Sacramento International
Folk Dance and Arts Council

Member Area requires password
Folk Dance Sacramento the blog for Sacramento classes and events.
NFO


SIFDAC
                Calendar
Honor Roll
Get Acrobat Reader
Keep up to date
Subscribe to SIFDAC
Powered by groups.yahoo.com
WHERE TO FOLK DANCE IN THE GREATER SACRAMENTO AREA
CALENDAR OF FOLK DANCE  AND MUSIC EVENTS IN THE SACRAMENTO AREA
INFORMATION ABOUT COUNCIL SCHOLARSHIPS FOR STOCKTON FOLK DANCE CAMP
FORM TO JOIN COUNCIL  as either a club or Associate member
ITEMS of INTEREST

Pictures and Video of Past Events

The commercial for International Folk Dance

 

Council Minutes



Council Minutes – Tuesday April 3, 2012

Meeting called to order 7:09p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: SIFDAC CEO; Vick Vickland: Host; Hadi Babazadeh: Past President & loyal attendee; Walter Kress: Treasurer; Gene Vaughn; Barbara Malakoff; Barry Moore; Robert Null .

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: March 2012 minutes approved.
Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance as of 3-31-12 is $9,304.54. So far income from Camellia Festival is $1,684 and expenses are $1,968.21.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Latest Steps: No report. Ashley Havicon address for calendar items: sifdaclsl@gmail.com .

Membership: Barbara Bevan contacted the clubs who have not renewed their membership. Kolo Koalition, Horos and the Modesto group either has by now or will. Scottish and English Country have not renewed. Barbara will delete them from “Where To Dance”. Discussed raising club dues to $20, no decision made.

Website: Send updates or new information for the website to patroy@ssctv.net. www.folkdancesac.org.

Scholarships: Teeann Duncan reported 1 adult application has been received.

Let’s Dance Magazine: Barbara Malakoff continues to submit her wonderful articles.

OLD BUSINESS

Beginners Class: Barbara Bevan reported class will meet through April then decide if to continue. Everyone please promote the class, it is vital to our existence. It is not too late to join. Contact Barbara atdancesonge20@att.net for more information.

Camellia Festival 2012, March 9-11: Vick Vickland presented his thoughts and those submitted by others followed by general discussion. CSUS printed lovely advertising cards but we got them too late to distribute. Next year CSUS needs to be ‘encouraged’ to have them ready sooner. The Sunday concert was listed on several websites and in the Sac Bee Ticket; however, we can always use more exposure. The Friday workshop with Marija Krapcevich should have had more variety and been geared more to experienced dancers. If the owner of the computer being used for the evening is agreeable, several volunteers should be trained to run the computer and play music for the evening. This will avoid 1 person being tied up all night. Both Saturday workshops were well attended; any more and the floor would have been too crowded. The Village Folk Orchestra played live music for the Saturday party. Barbara B led the Silent Kolo to honor those dancers who passed in the last year. A suggestion was made to put the words up on the big overhead screen so the group could join in the singing. Walter had plenty of help/volunteers for the weekend. His figures added up to 178 people attending the Sunday concert – not including performers: 47 students, 72 paid entries, 59 complimentary passes (these are given to the performers for family/friends). Vick has information gathered from people on how the heard about the concert. He is supposed to email this to us. The location of fliers was discussed. They were not readily noticeable and accessible; but, we are not sure where is better. LOST & FOUND: dark blue Sony camera case, gray Noah water bottle, small round mirror, large umbrella with Hertz logo.

Attendance figures from Walter: Friday night = 55, Ukrainian workshop = 61, Balkan/Israeli workshop = 66, Saturday night = 80. (includes students)

Camellia Festival 2013, March 8-10: Bruce Mitchell and Vick will co-chair. The contract is signed. 2014 is also on the calendar for March 7-9. Barbara B reported Ventzi is available for 2013. She will ask him what he would charge to teach on Saturday. We paid Lee Otterholt $621 for teaching and travel costs. Other possibilities are Turkish, Japanese and Hawaiian. Do we want to do live music again?
Membership BBQ: Gene Vaugh and Teeann will chair. Al & Teddy Wolterbeek need to be contacted about what date in August.
Scholarship Ball: Discussion postponed.

REMINDER > > > > Meeting Date Change To Tuesdays starting April 3
Next Meeting: Tuesday May 1, 2012 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento.
ADJOURN 9:34 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday February 24, 2011  This is the meeting for March 2011, it was held early because of Camellia Festival

Meeting called to order 7:11p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Barry Moore; Robert Null; Gene Vaughn; Roy Butler; Irene Oxford; Oscar Faoro; Hadi Babazadeh.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: February 2011 minutes approved.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported he was able to reconcile the bank statement and his figures. The bank balance is $9,553.36. Ashley Havicon has not submitted any bills for printing and mailing Latest Steps Lite. Barbara Bevan will call her and also ask how many are mailed each month.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Latest Steps: Ashley Havicon Address for calendar items: sifdaclsl@gmail.com .

Membership: No report

Website: www.folkdancesac.org. Send information you want on the web to patroy@ssctv.net.

Scholarships: Teeann Duncan reported one adult scholarship has been received. No students have applied yet.

OLD BUSINESS

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Vick Vickland reported. CSUS will not allow use of the Redwood Room sound system. We will need to use Dave Uggla’s in there on Friday and Saturday. He will be paid $50. Vick will get him a parking pass. Ray will be paid $75 for use of his equipment. A table will be set up inside the Redwood Room for Walter to do registration. Vick will ask about a room for the kids to use to rehearse on Friday before the Arabagi teach. Vick needs to contact Lawrence Herman about setting up the music for Sunday. Lee Otterholt will be the first teacher on Saturday. He will have music for sale. Marida’s music will not be sold. Roy has the dance notes on the website. A few paper ones will be available for $5 at the dance. Irene Oxford has spoken with Ross Davidson about articles in local papers. An article has come out in the Carmichael Times. Barry Moore took fliers around the senior citizen places. Lorraine Biner has emailed the clubs to bring their banner and stand to display for the weekend. Robert will put up signs to direct people from the parking garage to the Student Union. He has updated the restaurant list. Irina & George Arabagi are doing a Russian/Ukrainian workshop Friday night. Yvonne & Andre Couvillion are doing the easy dance session after the concert. Vick will do the Sunday welcome, present the honor roll and do closing remarks which will include mentioning the easy dance teach and our website. He will ask Zenia where she likes eat and get her a $75 Thank You gift certificate.

When we do the follow-up evaluation remember to discuss possible pre-registration possibility next year.

Next year is already set for March 9-11, 2012. That is the second weekend and the time change.

Scholarship Ball 2012: Tentative date next year in Placerville: Saturday January 28, 2012. Further discussion after CamFest.

NEW BUSINESS

Dance in the Woods Sept 9-11, 2011: Roy Butler reported Toba Goddard has agreed to do a singing workshop. He confirmed for Barbara B’s flier that drop-in rates will be the same as last year even though the cost for the camp has gone up.

Beginners Event: Barbara Bevan has reserved the YLI for Thursday, Sept 15, 2011, plus the next two Thursdays and all of October. Roy made a motion for SIFDAC to pay the $350 rent for those days. Gene Vaughn second. Passed. Barbara B will look into possible funding from the Federation. After CamFest Vick will sign SIFDAC for Meetup.com; $100 authorized for that. Toba post in same places she used for CamFest?

Meeting Date Changes: Due to CamFest being the first weekend in March, the March meeting will be Feb 24. The April meeting will be March 31.

Next Meeting: Thursday, March 31, 2011 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJOURN 9:35 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday February 3, 2011

Meeting called to order 7:11p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Barry Moore; Barbara Malakoff; Robert Null; Gene Vaughn; Joyce Uggla; Roy Butler; Toba Goddard; Irene Oxford; Hadi Babazadeh; Bruce Mitchell.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: January 2011 minutes approved.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported $751 has been deposited from Scholarship Ball. The bank’s balance of approximately $8,700 is not reconciling with his figures. He will have more details next meeting.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Latest Steps: Ashley Havicon Address for calendar items: sifdaclsl@gmail.com .

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported she will have to retired from this job once she does the current directory update. We will need to find another person.

Website: Roy Butler reported he has posted the Dance In The Woods photos. www.folkdancesac.org. Send information you want on the web to patroy@ssctv.net.

Scholarships: Walter reported we have $1,378.50 in the fund. That will cover 3 scholarships for Stockton (tuition is $415). Roy Butler moved we give out three, Toba Goddard seconded; passed.

OLD BUSINESS

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Vick Vickland reported. Irene Oxford has spoken with Ross Davidson, he may have clout getting an article in the Bee. She was not able to talk with anyone in the Mayor’s office. A letter must be sent. Lorraine Biner will email the clubs to bring their banner and stand to display for the weekend. Robert will put up signs to direct people from the parking garage to the Student Union. He is also updating the restaurant list. Irina & George Arabadji are doing a Russian/Ukraninaina workshop Friday night. Tance El Dorado is usually practicing on Friday’s so to encourage them to attend the workshop they will be advised a room can be gotten for them in the Student Union for them to use for practice rather than using the Barn in Shingle Springs. Bruce Mitchell reported there will be 14 groups dancing. He needs Vick to get 175 CamFest tickets. These are given to the performers for them to give away. Roy will video the performance. Toba Goddard has notified numerous publications, radio stations, etc about the event. Many of these have web sites for entering/posting. Barbara Bevan is doing the Sunday program. It will be one page. She also has fliers made. Barbara Malakoff will send out a CamFest email appropriate for forwarding to everyone on your email list. Roy mentioned Facebook ads. Meetup.com was also mentioned. Next year is already set for March 9-11, 2012. That is the second weekend.

Scholarship Ball 1-22-11: All agreed this was a fun event with good sound this year. Forty –eight people signed in. We were disappointed there weren’t more. A Sacramento or Roseville location versus Placerville was discussed briefly but probably wouldn’t make a difference. Roy says next year set dances will be $10 because they all did a walk thru first. Tentative date for next year in Placerville: Saturday January 28, 2012. Nobody missed the potluck.

NEW BUSINESS

Dance in the Woods Sept 9-11, 2011: Roy Butler reported the Forest Service has added a 5% fee for the use of Camp Sacramento. The minimum cost is $5,250. This makes the weekend $135 per person for the needed 40 attendees. Walter mail or deliver the $500 deposit.

Beinngers Event: Barbara Bevan has reserved the YLI for Thursday, Sept 15, 2011 and the next two weeks. Further dates will depend on the interest. The first night will be free. We need to really look into how to inexpensively advertising this. The internet seems to be the way. Meetup.com was mentioned. Further research needed. Perhaps Toba can post in all the places she just used for CamFest.

Meeting Date Changes: Due to CamFest being the first weekend in March, the March meeting will be Feb 24. The April meeting will be March 31.

Next Meeting: Thursday, February 24, 2011 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJOURN 9:07 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday, January 6, 2011

Meeting called to order 7:12p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Barry Moore; Barbara Malakoff; Robert Null; Gene Vaughn; Joyce Uggla; Roy Butler.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: December 2010 minutes approved.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $9,555.10 as of Dec 30, 2010. No changes since last month.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Latest Steps: Ashley Havicon is to delete from the January 2011 email list those who haven’t paid for membership. Address for calendar items: sifdaclsl@gmail.com . Barry hasn’t received his in the mail yet.

Website: www.folkdancesac.org . Send information you want on the web to patroy@ssctv.net.

OLD BUSINESS

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Vick Vickland reported. Sunday tickets will be $10. Parking is once again in structure 3rd floor. CSUS will put out signs to the parking structure. We can use ours to show the way to the Student Union. Vick can get 5 parking passes for the loading dock area. Others can drive in unload and then park elsewhere. Those who died in the past year will be honored at the Friday night party and Barbara B will lead the Silent Kolo. Lorraine Biner will email the clubs to bring their banner and stand to display for the weekend. We will definitely be in the Redwood Room Friday night and Saturday. It is 72 X 47 feet. Do we want to decorate? Maybe the club banners will be enough? Joyce Uggla volunteered to help Robert with the dance notes if needed. She would also make notes for the Aribadji dances if she can see the DVD they have. The Uggla’s also have a cordless mike they are willing to lend us. Lee Otterholt will be here for the Friday evening dance and will stay through the Sunday concert. His fee of $300 was moved and seconded to be accepted and passed.

Scholarship Ball 1-22-11: Roy Butler reported he has 60 dances on the request list. A contra [for $20] was requested by Joyce Uggla and Barry requested 5 Scandi dance spaces at the meeting. The surprise event will be at 7:10pm with an introduction by Barry. Walter will have name tags and change. Dave Uggla does have speakers and mikes we can use if needed. Roy will talk to him.

NEW BUSINESS

Dance in the Woods Sept 9-11, 2011: Roy Butler reported the Forest Service is adding a 5% fee for the use of Camp Sacramento.

Beinngers Event: Barbara Bevan will see if the YLI is available for the beginners class on

Thursdays starting in September. Sept 15, 2011 is a tentative date. The initial free event should be on the same day as the follow-up classes. Vick is still talking with the Boys & Girls Club about doing a class. Barry will talk with Lorraine and Bonnie Battaglia about home schoolers and maybe doing a family dance event . Maybe we should get involved with the World Music & Dance event in September by doing a performance and then audience participation.

Meeting Date Changes: Due to CamFest being the first weekend in March, the March meeting will be Feb 24. The April meeting will be March 31.

Next Meeting: Thursday, February 3, 2011 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJOURN 9:30 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan

 

Council Minutes – Thursday December 2, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:13p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Hadi Babazadeh; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Barry Moore; Lorrain Biner: Membership; Barbara Malakoff; Robert Null.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: November 2010 minutes approved.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $9,555.10 as of November 30, 2010.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported there are 71 individual members and 12 clubs.

Latest Steps: Ashley Havicon is to delete from the January 2011 email list those who haven’t paid for membership. Address for calendar items: sifdaclsl@gmail.com

Website: www.folkdancesac.org . Send information you want on the web to patroy@ssctv.net.

OLD BUSINESS

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Vick Vickland reported. Sunday tickets sales need to be set with Zenia at CSUS. Parking information is needed and parking passes for loading and unloading. Robert Null agreed to update the restaurant list and put up the direction signs. There was discussion about honoring those who died in the past year at the Saturday night party and doing the Silent Kolo. Lorraine Biner is to email the clubs to bring their banner and stand to display for the weekend.

Scholarship Ball 1-22-11: Send dance requests to patory@ssctv.net. Barbara B has agreed to be part of a surprise.

NEW BUSINESS

Dance in the Woods 2011: Roy Butler reported next year dates will probably be September 9-11, 2011 at Camp Sacramento.

Beinngers Event: Barbara Bevan is very interested in moving forward with a beginners event. And then following up with a beginners class. Thursday Sept 15, 2011 is a tentative date. The initial free event should be on the same day as the follow-up classes.

Membership BBQ 2011: Wolterbeek’s have offered the use of the deck again this year. Saturday Aug 27 is acceptable.

Next Meeting: Thursday, January 6, 2011 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJOURN 8:50 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday November 4, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:05p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Barry Moore; Joan Stouffer; Irene Oxford; Roy Butler; Lorrain Biner: Membership; Barbara Malakoff; Robert Null.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: October 2010 minutes approved.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $9,174.50 as of October 30, 2010.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported there are 67 individual members and 8 clubs. Last year we had 109 individuals. Unfortunately some did not renew due to death.

Website: www.folkdancesac.org. Send information you want on the web to patroy@ssctv.net.

OLD BUSINESS

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Vick Vickland reported. The Honor Roll honoree has been decided. Friday night the Arabadji’s will teach a couple of Russian and/or Ukranian dances from 7-8pm before the evening dance party. Robert Null is to remind Lee Otterholt to not do any Scandinavian dances. Marida Martin is doing Sacndi. Robert also needs to have the teacher notes by Feb so they can be compiled into a syllabus then passed onto Roy who will put it on-line. Ten will be printed out to have at the event. Will Lee stay with Toba? Irene Oxford will ask the Sacramento Mayor to come a say a few words. She will also contact Ross Davidson about getting a good article in the Sac Bee. Zenia needs to be asked to encourage CSUS to get the poster and cards out early so we get them out into the community. Lois Mead will announce the concert groups. Will Martha McCorkle and Mary Victor do decorations again? Barbara Malakoff and Barry Moore will look into advertising around Del Webb.

Scholarship Ball 1-22-11: This will be at the IOOF in Placerville. Gene and Teeann will chair. It was decided to not have a potluck due to the kitchen and eating area being on the third floor and the extra work involved. We will have fingerfood, punch, and coffee in the area outside the ballroom. Tance will most likely sell baked goods again. The IOOF has said they will charge $200 without the kitchen. Entry fee for the dance will be $5.00. Roy has speakers that are more heavy duty than he used last year. Joan Stouffer advised the English Country dancers have several fiberglass panels that help the sound quality in the hall. We hope to borrow them for the dance. The dances will be all request at $5 a dance paid prior to the dance.

Kabile: Wed 10-13-10 This was very successful. The door take was $455.00. SIFDAC only paid $72.50 to make up the shortfall. Dances of the World – Mostly Balkan also chipped in $72.50.

NEW BUSINESS

Dance in the Woods 2011: Roy Butler reported next year dates will probably be September 9-11, 2011 at Camp Sacramento.

Beinngers Event: Barbara Bevan is very interested in moving forward with a beginners event. And then following up with a beginners class. Thursday Sept 15, 2011 is a tentative date. The initial free event should be on the same day as the follow-up classes.

Membership BBQ 2011: Wolterbeek’s have offered the use of the deck again this year. Saturday Aug 27 is acceptable.

Scheduling Conflicts: To help avoid two events happening at the same time, please tell Roy the minute a date is set so he can post it on the web site ASAP, even if not all the details are set. In addition please check the website when planning an event so conflicts can be avoided.

Miscellaneous: Irene Oxford arranged an enjoyable luncheon get-together of prior council members.


Council Minutes – Thursday October 7, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:02p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Barry Moore; Roy Butler; Bruce Mitchell.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: September 2010 minutes approved.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $8,979 as of September 30, 2010.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Membership: Barry Moore reported for Lorraine Biner there are 64 individual members and 5 clubs. She will resend/email again the application. She wants to update the directory by Oct 15.

Website: www.folkdancesac.org.

OLD BUSINESS

Dance in the Woods 2010: Roy Butler reported $4,922.00 was collected. The camp charge is $5,000 so we darn near covered the expense. There were 36 for the whole weekend and some drop-ins. Barbara Bevan and Yvonne Couvillion submitted detailed evaluations to Roy to help make next year even better.

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Vick Vickland reported. Andre & Yvonne Couvillion will run the Sunday easy dance after the concert. The charge for each dance event on Friday and Saturday will be $7 per person. All events package will be $25. We need to know if the Redwood Room has built in sound equipment like the ballroom. Also need to decide who honor this year at the concert. Send nominating emails to Vick.

NEW BUSINESS

Scholarship Ball: Jan 22, 2011 is preferred date. Teeann to contact Joan Stouffer and confirm they do want to host. Roy is willing to do the music and sell dances again if that is what is wanted. Do a potluck at 6pm?

Kabile: Wed 10-13-10. Will be a done deal by next meeting.

Beinngers Event: Maybe do something next Sept 2011.

Next Meeting: Thursday, Nov 4, 2010 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 9:20 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday September 2, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:05p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Robert Null; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer.; Barbara Malakoff; Lorraine Biner; Barry Moore; Roy Butler.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes approved as writen.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $8,047.73 as of Aug 31.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported there were 51 individual sing-ups at the BBQ. Total members = 55 and 3 clubs so far. She will resend/email again the application. She would wants to update the directory by Oct 15.

Latest Steps: We appreciate Ashleys work on this but she does need to be more on top of things. She seems to maybe have some email issues, either not getting things or not realizing what they are and not paying attention.

Scholarships: Teeann reported two young people went to Stockton Dance Camp on SIFDAC scholarships : Vida Velasco and Reena Linden.

Federation: Vick Vickland has resigned from the Federation Board. He hopes someone else from this area will step in the spot.

Let’s Dance Magazine: Barbara Malakoff is doing a great job with the articles she submits and photos. If anybody has items of interest to add please email to her.

Website: Roy will email Ashley a link for the blog for her to include in the LS Lite. Maybe that will encourage people to go there. The blog is a good place to post photos. I personally now have a digital camera and hope to take more photos and post on there. Group leaders need to be sure their information is current on the website: www.folkdancesac.org.

OLD BUSINESS

Dance in the Woods 2010: Roy Butler reported there appears to be almost enough people signed up so we will break even on the cost. The teachers are: Barbara B, Toba Goddard, Bruce Mitchell, Roy Butler and Andres & Yvonne Couvillion.

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Vick Vickland has volunteered to chair the event this year. A BIG thank you to Vick! The Saturday teachers are Lee Otterholt doing Balkan and Marida Martin doing Scandinavian. There will be no live music. Friday evening 7-8pm George & Irina Arabaji and agreed to do a Ukrainian workshop.

BBQ: Everyone had fun. Thanks to Al & Teddy Wolterbeek for allowing to us their deck and the work they do. Next year we should consider starting a bit earlier and eating earlier.

NEW BUSINESS

Scholarship Ball: Jan 22 or Jan 29, 2011? Where? Placerville again? Joan Stouffer has indicated Placerville may be interested in doing again this year. Teeann will talk with her further. Roy is willing to do the music and sell dances again if that is what is wanted.

Kabile: Toab Goddard reported this traditional Bulgarian band was here 2 years ago and SIFDAC put money toward covering their cost. This year they are charging less to play: @$600 vs $1,000. Teeann moved the council OK to cover a max of $200 this year. Vick second. Motion passed.

Council Summer Business: Toba brought up we should have organized way for the board to communicate during the summer if a decision needs to be made on something before the September meeting.

Meeting Day: Lorrain moved to change the meeting day to Thursday each month rather than switching off with Monday. Barr second. Motion passed.

Next Meeting: Thursday, Oct 4, 2010 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 8:50 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday June 3, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:18p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Robert Null; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer.

OFFICER REPORTS:

Secretary: Minutes accepted.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $9,073.48. Camellia Festival had a profit of $466. CSUS did not indicate how many people bought tickets for the Sunday Concert. Walter does still have the ticket stubs so we are going to count them. Barbara Bevan turned in $75 earned from the performance she organized at Mercy-McMahon Terrace.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Scholarships: Two youth scholarships have been sent off to Stockton for: Vida Velasco and Reena Linden. Each is for $425.00.

Dance in the Woods: Barbara Malakoff forwarded a flier to Let’s Dance. Barbara Bevan has fliers available to take to dance venues.

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: Still no definite chairperson. It will therefore be very important to break things into bits & pieces and have reliable people handling them. Right now we need to get the Saturday institute teachers set. Robert Null volunteered to do that with Barbara Bevan’s coaching. First choice for line dance is Venzi, second – Ginsberg, third - Ahmet. He will ask Marida Martin to do the couple teach. Each teacher is paid $250. Barbara Bevan will forward contact information for Venzi to Robert. When the teachers are set Barbara Bevan will do a flier to take to Stockton Folk

BBQ: Gene Vaughn reported the Wolterbeeks have confirmed Saturday, August 21, is OK. Whose music/speaker still needs to be determined. Teeann will bring condiments, plates, utensils, cups, napkins. Teddy do ice tea and lemonade? Barbara Malakoff will help with membership sign ups. Teeann will do follow up lists of who paid. Hopefully Lorrain Biner will help with sign ups. Maybe Barbara or Lorraine can EM out an application out prior to the BBQ?

One should go with the next Latest Steps mailing.

NEW BUSINESS:

Scholarship Ball: Jan 22 or Jan 29, 2011? Where? Placerville again? Teeann will check a couple of alternate locations: Orangevale Grange, Cordova Hall.

Next Meeting: Thursday, Sept 2, 2010 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJOURN 8:30 p.m.


Council Minutes – Monday, May 3, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:09p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barry Moore; Robert Null; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Bruce Mitchell; Roy Butler; Barbara Malakoff.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $9,586.93. Camellia Festival figures are not quite complete. A break-down of where the money came from at the Scholarship Ball won’t be possible.

Website: Roy Butler advised the blog is a good, fast and easy way to put up your photos and for others to view them. He highly recommends this way for linking photos to the SIFDAC web site rather than having him attach them directly.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Scholarships: It has been decided 2 youth scholarships will be awarded: Vida Velasco and Reena Linden. Teeann will confirm they are signed up for Stockton Folk Dance Camp and arrange for the check to be mailed in. That will be $425 each.

Dance in the Woods: The Camp Sacramento deposit is not refundable unless we cancel by the end of May. So let’s hope enough people attend so we won’t lose money. The registration form is on-line: folkdancesac.org/diw.shtml. Roy will EM a PDF to Barbara Malakoff to get it into Let’s Dance. Bruce Mitchell recommended adding a colorful enticing photo to catch people’s attention.

Federation: Vick Vickland reported the federation has scholarships available for dance camps. Camps other than Stockton would be considered. The Let’s Dance Magazine is losing money. An increase in dues is being deliberated.

Camellia Festival 2011, March 4-6: We don’t have a definite chair at this time. General discussion was started. Roy Butler is willing to run a Friday night party of all request dances. He hopes to have a backup trained to step in if needed. The student teaching has not been well attended. A potential option is a 7- 8pm institute by a local ethnic teacher. Bruce Mitchell will follow-up on that possibility. Bruce will do the Sunday concert as in the past. He hopes to have the Ukrainian group be the finale. They are becoming very popular and dance all over the country. Pay them? Further discussion to follow I am sure.

New Business:

Wireless Microphone: The Council does not want to buy one. Vick Vickland moved we pay $10 for the use of one at a SIFDAC event. Passed. This would be if a teacher or whoever needs one and does not have their own.

BBQ: Gene Vaughn will chair. Teeann to ask Al & Teddy if we can do at their place again. Saturday, August 21, would be a good date. Robert Null said he would be chef again.

Next Meeting: Thursday, June 3, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 9:08 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday April 1, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:09p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh;

Barry Moore; Robert Null; Toba Goddard: Camellia Festival chair; Vick Vickland; Walter Kress: Treasurer; Lorraine Biner.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted .

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $8,040.35. Camellia Festival figures are incomplete. In addition he still needs to do a break-down of where the money came from at the scholarship ball: pledges, chirps, entry fee. A check for $425 is to be sent directly to Stockton Folk Dance Camp for Toba Goddard as a scholarship for chairing Camellia Festival this year.

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported she has revised all the directories and has some extras for sale at $5 each.

Website: no report

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Scholarships: Two youth applications have been received. No adult has applied.

Dance in the Woods: Barry Moore is to ask Roy Butler if the Camp Sacramento deposit is refundable.

Federation: Vick Vickland reported there will be a President’s Ball Dec 11, 2010. The federation has scholarships available for dance camp.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 12-14: Toba Goddard reported next year’s date is the first weekend in March: 4,5,6, 2011. That is the only available March date. Robert Null reported 62 surveys were completed. The SacBee add brought in 7 of those. The largest group- 27 were friends or family of performers. 12 added a comment on how much the enjoyed the program.

There was the following general discussion: Roy Butler does a great job but really needs to have a backup just in case. The Friday night youth teach was not well attended. Should we have it next year? Should there be a Friday night party at all? Yvonne and Andre Couvillion’s Israeli couple dance was too complicated for the time allotted. Their other dances were well received and fun. According to Vick the Federation Institute committee would be willing to arrange and do the institutes next year. Maybe we should let them. The Saturday night party with Chubritza live music lost money but was very enjoyable. As usual the line vs couple dance issue came up and neither side was happy. The Sunday finale performance was a let-down. We most likely will not pay anyone next year. Is the weekend too ambitious for our small pool of volunteers?

Susan Skinner took photos but wants $20 per photo. CSUS students took photos and they should be available shortly.

NEW BUISNESS:

Wireless Microphone: Toba’s didn’t work well. Yvonne Couvillion let us borrow theirs which is a wireless headset system designed for aerobics use and works great. We discussed if SIFDAC should buy one @$250 or pay a fee to use someone else’s. Maybe $10 each time. If SIFDAC bought one, who would keep it?

BBQ: Teeann will ask Al & Teddy if we can do at their place again and what date.

Next Meeting: Monday, May 3, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 9:36 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Monday, March 1, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:09p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barry Moore; Robert Null; Toba Goddard: Camellia Festival chair; Roy Butler; Bruce Mitchell; Walter Kress, Treasurer; Lorraine Biner.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted with correction that Ashley Havicon is also teaching Friday 3-12-2010 for Camellia Festival.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $8.832.18. He was requested to do a break down of where the money came from at the scholarship ball: pledges, chirps, entry fee.

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported we have 19 clubs and 108 members. The directory is done and she had them at the meeting. There are extras to be sold at $5.00 each.

Website: Roy Butler has changed the black background on the blog. He continues to refine and update the web site. There are still some things on the old pages which haven’t been transferred yet.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Scholarships: Stockton Folk Dance Camp tuition is now $425.00 for one week.

Dance in the Woods: Roy Butler reported Camp Sacramento is ours for Sept 10-12. The cost will be $130.00 per person which includes: lodging Friday and Saturday night, 3 meals Saturday and 2 meal Sunday. Forty paid campers are needed to cover the minimum charge for using the camp. More information will be on the web site along with a reservation sheet.

Federation/ Let’s Dance: Let’s Dance had a compilation article done by local young dancer Sara Valentine. It presented the thoughts of seven young dancers from Al & Teddy Wolterbeek’s Tance El Dorado who attended the Heritage Festival in San Carlos on January 16, 2010.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 12-14: Toba Goddard reported. The Sunday ushers Robert Null, Gene Vaughn and Joan Stouffer need to bring flashlights. Robert Null has developed a survey to put in the Sunday concert program asking people how they heard about the event. He will get copies printed and folded to put inside the concert program. And also have a box marked for people to put them in. Walter Kress is heading up the registration and will get badges. Roy Butler has posted CamFest on BBMD. Toba will get a $75 gift card for Zenia at CSUS. She has been busy helping Toba. Chubritza is playing live music Saturday night. Friday night is all request to taped music. Each person gets 2 requests. The Saturday institute dance notes will be on the web site. There will be 20 printed copies available for $5 each. Jaap is bringing and selling his music. SIFDAC should get a free copy.

New Business: Tuesday May 11 there will be a Romanian workshop in Placerville taught by Sonia & Christian.

Next Meeting: Thursday, April 1, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 9:04 p.m.


Council Minutes - Thursday February 4, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:30p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barbara Malakoff: Vintage Dancers; E C ‘Vick’ Vickland; Barry Moore; Robert Null; Toba Goddard: Camellia Festival chair; Roy Butler; Bruce Mitchell; Walter Kress, Treasurer.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted. (and why not? I usually do them perfectly)

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance is $9,989.66. The Scholarship fund has $1,845.00.

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported prior to meeting we have 19 clubs and 106 members. The directory should be done this month. Roy Butler moved we accept the Modesto club Village Dancers as a member; passed.

Barbara Bevan will update the Where to Dance list when she gets the club list.

Latest Steps: Teeann needs to be sure Ashley gets the information to include the meeting date  and time each month. (that’s a duh, but had totally escaped me till mentioned at the meeting). Vick  Vickland is considering taking on being editor of an expanded newsletter starting in September.

He would request articles from people. This larger version would be uploaded to the web then a link emailed to members. Those signed up for paper would be mailed a copy.

Website: There is also a blog. Barbara Bevan asked web master Roy Butler to please change  the black background on the blog as it is hard to read. Maybe that is why it isn’t very active. (I think we are too busy dancing to blog) SIFDAC is also on Facebook. We are wondering how many hits the web site gets. Roy says we don’t have a counter so we have no idea. There will be a link on the website for the syllabi for the dances taught at CamFest 2010.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Scholarships and the Ball, Saturday January 30: Thanks to the El Dorado dancers for all  their work. Thanks to Roy for doing the music. The general consensus was we had fun in spite of some issues and complaints. There were 62 paid attendees. We need to clarify next year that kids not performing need to pay. If we do it in Placerville next year, the sound system needs to be set up differently. Bruce said he would bring his speakers. A microphone is another necessity. We also need to discuss if Chirps are the best way to pay plus how to choose which dances and get a good mix for the greatest dancing pleasure for all. We have 3 applicants for  the scholarship: 2 young and 1 not. Vick moved Toba Goddard’s scholarship should come out  of the CamFest fund if it has the money. If not, then out of the general fund. Motion passed.

Federation: Vick reported he has completed the 501c3 application for the non-profit status and it has been submitted. Federation President Loui Tucker’s goal is to increase visibility of the federation.

Dance in the Woods: Roy Butler reported there is tentative date of Sept 11-12. The cost would be $125 per person. Camp Sacramento does have another group interested in the date and they could guarantee 100 people.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 12-14: Toba Goddard reported. She will not chair next year. We have no definite chair for next year. Vick moved we go ahead and sign a contract for next year anyway. Passed. Toba spoke with the SacBee about an add in the Ticket for Friday March 5. It will cost $740.00. Vick moved we do the add. Passed. Robert Null has volunteered to do a survey to put in the Sunday concert program asking people how they heard about the event – 250 copies needed. He requested an email of any other questions to ask. Walter Kress is heading up the registration and will get badges. Another couple flags need to be bought. (‘Which ones?” you ask. I didn’t write it down and I don’t remember.) The student workshop on Friday at 6pm will be taught by Dani & Ryan Sandler and Ashley Havicon. The general party after that will start with easy dances then go to requests. A slip will be given to people to fill out as they enter. Chubritza is all set to play for the Saturday night party. The Couvillion’s are all set to teach couple dances on Saturday. Jaap has not responded to Barbara Bevan’s recent emails but we assume he is all set too. For the Sunday concert Toba will do the initial welcome. Vick will ask Ashley Havicon to make the Honor Roll presentation to Al & Teddy Wolterbeek. Roy needs music from Teddy for the Sunday easy dances. Ushers are need for the Sunday concert. (If you can help let Toba know) Next Meeting: Monday, March 1, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJOURN 9:58 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Monday, January 4, 2010

Meeting called to order 7:14p.m. at Vick Vickland’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barbara Malakoff: Vintage Dancers; E C ‘Vick’ Vickland; Barry Moore; Robert Null; Toba Goddard: Camellia Festival chair.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted see reminders.

Treasurer: No report. Walter Kress is still in a care facility. He hopes to be at Scholarship Ball. Teeann Duncan does have the checkbook for now and will reimburse the Wolterbeek’s $105 for the PortaPotty used for the BBQ and Yvonne Couvillion $103.00 for rent for the YLI for the Intro. To International Dance class.

Membership: Lorraine Biner not present to report. Barry Moore to get a list from Lorraine of which clubs have not joined the council. One last plea to go out to dancers to join the council and be in the membership directory.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Scholarships and the Ball, Saturday January 30: The scholarship application is on the web site. One young person and one older person application have already been received. An EM should be sent to the LSD list advising it is time to submit an application if interested. Barry Moore has plates, etc that can be used for the potluck at the ball. Flossy Duchardt and Joan Stouffer will be contacted about setting up the potluck and decorations at the ball.

Website: Barbara Bevan finds the black background on the blog hard to read. We are wondering how many hits the web site gets. Need to ask Roy Butler. The blog is not very active.

Dance in the Woods: Roy reported by EM a possible date is unknown at this time. Camp Sacramento is planning to have some work done.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 12-14: Toba Goddard reported. Barbara M has completed the flyer for the whole weekend. A concert specific one to follow. Barb M to ask Bruce Mitchell for an EM for the Womens’ Forum to send them concert information since they really seemed to enjoy when Vintage danced for them. Toba to call the SacBee regarding maybe paying for an ad. And she will following on where we will be allowed to park. There will be no intermission. Fourteen groups will dance and Toda needs their names for poster CSUS makes plus what countries to be sure we have flags for each one.

Easy Dancing on Sunday will be All & Teddy Wolterbeek with couple dances and Barbara B with line dances. They need to be sure Roy has the music on his computer. Barbara B is in charge of the syllabus for the Saturday teach. Still need to decide how to distribute: email? Get on-line? Paper? She also need to advise Jaap Leegwater to do his own CD for selling. Yvonne & Andre Couvilloin have advised they are making a CD of the dances they are teaching and have the copyright issue under control. Charge? SIFDAC provide discs and sell at cost? Barbara B is doing the Sunday concert program. Vick needs photos of Al & Teddy for the Honor Roll book and write up on them. Barry Moore says he will take concert flyers to retirement homes. Clubs need to be reminded to bring their banner.

Next Meeting: Thursday, February 4, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave,

Sacramento

ADJORN 8:45 p.m.


Council Minutes Thursday, December 3, 2009

Meeting called to order 7:04p.m. at Barbara Bevan’s home by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barbara Malakoff: Vintage Dancers; E C ‘Vick’ Vickland; Barry Moore; Robert Null.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted. Bullet points to be added at the end of the minutes as quick to see reminders.

Treasurer: No report. Walter Kress is in the hospital.

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported by phone there are 95 individual members and 11 clubs.

The council would like to know which clubs have paid. Had general discussion on how to cajole people to join and how to get new dancers. Does anybody care? Barry Moore will look into the possibility of a beginning class at CSUS. The diverse dance types and individual clubs do not seem to want to work together in support of folk dancing.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Scholarships and the Ball: The ball and potluck will be at the Odd Fellows Hall in Placerville on Saturday Jan 30, 2010; entry fee $5. Information is on the web site. Barbara Malakoff will email a notice to her master list.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 12-14: Barbara Bevan reported in Toba Goddard’s absence. Al & Teddy Wolterbeek will be the honorees. Chubritza is all set to play music. Six dance groups have been confirmed for the concert. The Croation group Koraci from San Jose will do the finale. Barbara M is making a flyer. Teddy will mail it out to clubs out of the area. Barbara B to get her a list of clubs. Al & Teddy are leading the easy dancing after the Sunday concert.

Barbara B is printing the Sunday program. Lorraine had said she would look into TV. Status?

Clubs need to be reminded to bring their banner.

Next Meeting: Monsday, January 4, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland

Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 8:40 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes – Thursday, November 2, 2009

Meeting called to order 7:19p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Walter Kress: Treasurer; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barbara Malakoff: Vintage Dancers; E C ‘Vick’ Vickland; Bruce Mitchell; Lorraine Biner; Toba Goddard: CamFest Chair.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted with corrections: Camellia Festival finale group is Koraci and will be paid $300.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance as of 10-33-2009 is $8,897.44.

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported there are 81 individual members. Only 4 clubs have paid. She would like get the new directory done and out. Vick Vickland has a ‘Why to join SIFDAC’ sheet to help convince people to join. Maybe it can be emailed to those who haven’t joined yet.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Introduction to Ethnic Dance: This beginner class has folded. Not enough people showed up every night. They didn’t cover rent all of September. Another beginner introduction event still under consideration.

Scholarships and the Ball: The ball and potluck will be at the Odd Fellows Hall in Placerville on Saturday Jan 30, 2010. The entry fee will be $5. Information is on the web site. We do have 2 spots reserved for the 2nd week at Stockton. Vick Vickland to coordinate car pooling up the hill for the dance.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 12-14: By now everyone knows the date has changed due to a mix up at CSUS. Everything and everyone is still on schedule even with the change. Someone will be honored again this year with a name plaque added to the Honor Roll book. We will vote by email to Toba Goddard. Barbara Malakoff is doing fliers. Bruce Mitchell is still deciding on which groups will perform.

Federation Report:

Vick Vickland reported the Federation has developed a flyer that came out in the most recent ‘Let’s Dance’. They are requesting people to put it up around their community. It has tabs to tear off with the Federation web site name. More flyers can be printed off of the web site.

Next Meeting: Thursday, December 3, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 9:15 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes Thursday October 1, 2009

Meeting called to order 7:10p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Walter Kress: Treasurer; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barbara Malakoff, Vintage Dancers; Barry Moore; Robert Null; E C ‘Vick’ Vickland; Roy Butler.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance as of 8-30-2009 is $8,526.44.

Latest Step Lite: Ashley Havicon reported by email she mailed six paper copies. She emailed to all paid up members. It all seemed to go OK. We want to be sure all dance events get on the calendar. They don’t have to be council events or clubs.

Website: Roy Butler reported there a ‘Member Specials” on the web site. Go see! http://folkdancesac.org/

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Introduction to Ethnic Dance: This beginner class has folded. Not enough people showed up every night. They didn’t cover rent all of September. Another beginner introduction even still under consideration.

Scholarships and the Ball: Roy has the application and other information on the web site. We were not able to get two spots reserved for the 1st week at Stockton. Two have been set aside in the second week. If scholarship recipients are already signed up for the 1st week we won’t need the 2nd week ones. We are still looking at doing the ball the 5th Saturday in January – the 30th. Roy will do music and donations. The idea was presented that a lot of people come from the Placerville direction. Why not have it there? Gene Vaughn to ask the folks there about cost and interest.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 19-21: Bruce asked by email to OK Lois Mead as narrator and to pay the finale group. Both requests were approved. Dani & Ryan Sandler will teach the Friday young people’s class 6-7 p.m. Toba reported by email Teddy Wolterbeek has agreed to coordinate the easy dancing after the concert on Sunday. Plus Chubritza is signed up to play for the Saturday night party with Laurence Herman doing sound. Prices per person: Fri party, recorded music - $10; Sat workshops - $7each; Sat night party, live music - $12; Fri/Sat package - $30; Sun concert $10. Students with ID are free for everything. Teeann has requested insurance thru the National Folk Organization. They will process after the policy renews in November.

Dance in the Woods, Sept 11-13, 2009: Roy reported there were 30 campers plus 1 child. Five came from Redding. We actually came out ahead $119.79. 2010 is up in the air until Roy hears back from Camp Sac. They will be doing some work and don’t know their schedule yet. Therefore, the second weekend is a tentative at this time. The third weekend will never be available, a group – larger than ours- has had that date for years.

Federation Report:

Vick is involved with the 501 (c (3) issue and getting the runaround. The state told him he needs to contact the IRS.

Next Meeting: Monday, November 2, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJOURN

 9:10 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


Council Minutes Monday August 31, 2009 (Sept Meeting)

Meeting called to order 7:07p.m. by Barbara Bevan. Attendees: Teeann Duncan: Secretary; Barbara Bevan: Calico Dancers; Walter Kress: Treasurer; Lorraine Biner: Membership; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Barbara Malakoff, Vintage Dancers; Ashley Havicon; Toba Goddard: Camellia Festival Chair; Lynne Sperry; Barry Moore; Robert Null; E C ‘Vick’ Vickland.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary: Minutes accepted.

Treasurer: Walter Kress reported the bank balance as of 7-31-2009 is $8,182.83.

Membership: Lorraine Biner reported nineteen youths and 33 adults paid for membership at the BBQ 8-29-2009. Reminders are to be sent to those who have not paid.

Latest Step Lite: Ashley Havicon did get together her first calendar for September. Barbara’s Malakoff and Bevan gave her some tips to improve next time. The calendar is on the web site. Barbara B will continue to keep the Where To Dance list up to date.

Website: Roy Butler reported by email he has started the new web site: http://folkdancesac.org  .

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Introduction to Ethnic Dance: This beginner class will start up again Thursday Sep 3 at the YLI Hall. Doing another Sunday afternoon free introductory class in May was discussed. A fall event seems too hard to pull together since we do not meet in July or August. Teeann will investigate if we can get another grant from the Federation for help with the advertising cost.

Scholarship Ball: The Masonic Hall in Roseville worked well last year. If we want to use, do we need to get a deposit in? We also need to figure out exactly what time. We would like to avoid dancing when and if they have a play downstairs. We paid $250 last year. We should probably also get in a deposit for Stockton Folk Dance Camp. Next year is the 60th and filling up fast.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 19-21: Toba Goddard reported she has spoken with Chubritza about possibly playing Saturday night. More details to follow. Event prices were discussed. Cost will be: $7 for Friday night and each workshop on Saturday; $12 for Saturday night if we have live music; $30 package for all four sessions; Sunday concert $10; all students free with ID. Are new direction signs needed? Maybe, add parking swinger to some? Toba’s dance camp scholarship will be paid from the CamFest fund if it is profitable.

Dance in the Woods, Sept 11-13, 2009: If we do next year, maybe we could get an earlier start and get people signed up before the last minute.

Publicity: Help with this is still needed. If we can’t find one person, maybe various people can help with different events as they come up.

Next Meeting: Thursday, October 1, 2009 7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house, 1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento

ADJORN 9:56 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan

Teeann


Saturday July 11, 2009

Meeting called to order 4:03 p.m. by Toba Goddard.   Attendees:    Teeann Duncan: Secretary;  Barbara Bevan: Publicity, Calico Dancers;  Walter Kress: Treasurer;  Lorraine Biner: Membership;  Bruce Mitchell, Camtia; Roy Butler: Webmaster, Social Dances of the World; Gene Vaughn; Hadi Babazadeh; Teddy Wolterbeek; Barbara Malakoff, Vintage Dancers; Ashley Havicon.

OFFICER REPORTS

Secretary:  Minutes accepted.  Be sure they get on the web site. 

 Treasurer:  Walter Kress reported the bank balance as of 5-31-2009 is $8,199.64.  Two scholarships were paid to Stockton Folk Dance Camp.  The scholarship fund balance is now $1,045.00. 

Membership:  Lorraine Biner reported she is working on the new membership application.   

Latest Steps: Teddy Wolterbeek moved to rescind the $5 mailing fee for the Latest Steps Lite.  After discussion Gene Vaughn seconded and the motion passed.  The membership application will include a check box for “I do not have internet access, please mail LS Lite.”   Ashley Havicon has volunteered to do the monthly calendar.  She will also print and mail the LS Lite with the help of Sara Valentine.  Minutes will now be on the web site, they include a summary of the Treasurer’s report; therefore, we will meet the requirements for our 501c3 status. 

Website:    Roy Butler reported he will apply for and set up the new website after Stockton Folk Dance Camp.  He will try to get www.folkdancesac.org  

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Introduction to Ethnic Dance:  Roy reported attendance has been sporadic to the Thursday night class.   Rent for the 12 classes was covered except for $35.00 which SIFDAC paid.  The class will start again in the fall.  We hope to do another well advertised festival to bring in more dancers to support this beginners class.   Toba Goddard will be doing a beginning class in West Sacramento on Friday nights. 

Scholarship:   Next year the student scholarship will only be awarded to a membership.  The student SIFDAC membership is only $5.00.

Camellia Festival 2010, March 19-21:  A very well organized Toba reviewed the CamFest plan.  Bruce Mitchell will headup the Sunday concert.  Roy will be in charge of sound except for the concert.   He will also do the Friday night dance party.  Someone is needed for the Saturday night party and the Sunday beginner dancing after the concert.   We hope to have more advertising this year.  Lorraine will research the possibility of doing a TV spot Friday AM March 19.   Teeann will contact the various paper publications.  Radio?   Teeann will sign up SIFDAC for the National Folk Organization so we can get insurance. 

Dance in the Woods, Sept 11-13, 2009:   Lorraine moved for SIFDAC to give a scholarship to Dance in the Woods to Roy and Patti Butler for all their work on this event.  Barbara M seconded, passed.

Membership BBQ/Picnic, Sat, Aug 29 6p.m.:  Lorraine Biner and Barbara Malakoff will do the sign ups.  We need a way to monitor who has paid so only those that pay eat.    

501C3 Non Profit Status:  Toba reported everything appears in order for us to have this status.  We are a registered state corporation.      

NEW BUSINESS:

Agendas & Meetings for 2009-10:  Teeann volunteered to do the agendas.  Barbara B will chair the meetings.   They will alternate Mondays and Thursdays at Vick Vickland’s house.

Next Meeting:   Monday, August 31, 2009  7p.m. at Vick Vickland’s house,  1604 Wayland Ave, Sacramento  

ADJORN 6:25 p.m.

Respectfully submitted by Secretary Teeann A. Duncan


 

 

Sacramento Home

Page created by Roy Butler please send any items of interest to patroy@ssctv.net

Please send pictures in jpg format and text as word .doc or plain txt.